Friday, April 23, 2010

Slow Roasted Salmon

I even salted the salmon steaks this morning, just a little. Like anything cooked on the bone, salmon steaks seem moister and more flavorful than salmon filet, though the difference is more subtle than what you find with animal protein on the bone. And they're cheaper. I'm hung up on slow roasting the salmon at 225 degrees for about 40 minutes. It comes out of the oven unbelievably moist and buttery. Maybe I'll mix up a little soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar and brush it on the salmon.

The first potato salad of the season. This one will be warm and dressed with a vinaigrette, red onion, tons of parsley. And tomorrow it will be cold and good with anything all weekend.


1 comment:

  1. I believe in slow slow roasting, too. Coincidentally, I made a smoker out of an old weber barbecue by putting a single electric hot plate on the bottom of it and sprinkling thin fig branches on it. Cooked the chicken for 7 hrs today! I feel like the temp was 170 degrees or little less. On the bone and slow cooked equals gourmet tender, with a fig smoked flavor.

    ReplyDelete