Friday, April 30, 2010

The Last Lentil Soup

Had enough of soup yet? Not me. When the seasons change I get a little nostalgic for the foods of the exiting season even though I'm excited about the new one. Silly, I know. So let's have one more lentil soup before we start grilling and tossing salads.

I think you know by now that my lentil soup will have lots of garlic and olive oil and always bacon or ham. And shallots and carrots. It's very nice to add a cup of red wine to the veg after you've sauteed them but before you add stock and lentils. It's also very nice, but by no means necessary, to take a third of the soup and puree it in a blender and then add it back to the pot. Or, if you have an immersion blender (great kitchen toy), blend the soup right in the pot a little bit so you get a part creamy, part chunky soup.

Had enough of bread, cheese, fruit? Never!

No comments:

Post a Comment