Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday March 16, 2010

It so often happens that it becomes 6:oo and dinner is just a faint memory from yesterday. But it's tonight and everyone's hungry. Someone changed the clocks on me and I didn't know until this morning that the kids had a half day. Precisely why I never complain about leftovers anymore.

Fakey Scotch Broth seemed right on another cold rainy night. I had some leftover lamb, some pedestrian veg (onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, like that) some leftover rice. Bouillion cube. All together a really good soup. If you had leftover chicken you could have authentic chicken and rice soup, but I didn't.

There was a still friendly piece of Dutch Parrano in the fridge and a couple of Braeburn apples.

There is always a bottle of red wine around.

It was good and filling and a cheat, which made it better.



No comments:

Post a Comment