Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday March 19, 2010

Friday Is For Fish

It is and it's a good thing.
I have a friend who breaks down the week by foods, as in Monday is pasta, Tuesday is chicken etc. I can't seem to do it but you might like to try it. Then half the work is done for you which is the point of this blog really. But the only one that's stuck for me if fish on Friday.

Salmon fillet is something I never get sick of. And it has supernatural healing powers. Slow roasted in a 225 degree oven for half an hour, simply or fancily seasoned, it comes out of the oven perfect every time. S & P and lemon juice is good on it or a mix of honey, mustard (NOT Honey Mustard) and parsley, or you could go the cumin, garlic, paprika route. Orange juice, olive oil, thyme. Whatever you are craving...

I am on an orzo binge and when I cook it in chicken stock and then toss in olive oil, chopped fresh herbs and sometimes parmesan it goes with everything.

Sauteed matchstick zucchini. I love zucchini and I don't care that I may be the only one.

We will probably have chocolate malteds for dessert.

And I am going to salt a whole chicken tonight, liberally with kosher salt and stick it in the fridge for either Saturday or Sunday.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah - great blog - hope you get this comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mix chopped fresh ginger, some soy and maple syrup (about equal parts, I just taste it til it has the right balance) and heat that up in a small sauce pan til it gets syrupy, then brush it over the salmon. You could add some toasted sesame seeds at end too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maggie. Sounds like next week's salmon for us.

    ReplyDelete