Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday March 22, 2010

Korean Style Vegetable Pancake


I use Mark Bittman's recipe for these which you can find on the NYT website. His have chives, carrots and some zucchini in them. And optional shrimp. They are easy and DELICIOUS, just like all of his recipes are. But obviously you can put whatever veggies you have around in them and leftover chicken from the other night. Frozen corn is nice. His dipping sauce is essential.

I like to serve a sliced mango that's been tossed in lime juice with these. Dip the mango slices in a mixture of even parts chili powder, sugar and salt and sip a cold beer as you flip the pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. Add chopped cilantro to the mango....

    if recipe isn't on the NYT site, where do you get it? (I know you gave it to me once...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked and it's definitely there. It's grouped together with some other pancake recipes in a story called "Pancakes". Sorry, I should have been more specific.

    ReplyDelete