Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shake n Bake

My favorite food as a kid, next to TV dinners. This is what happens when your Mom is a gourmet I suppose. I loved a night with a babysitter because I could have one of these two options, but Shake n Bake was the best. Sometimes I make my own homemade versions with homemade bread crumbs and fresh herbs and dipping the chicken in melted butter, but it's just not the same. That out of the box, always tastes exactly the same as it did last month and 25 years ago taste is missing from the fancy version.

You know it's good hot or cold. With potato salad, tomato salad, green beans and cornbread, beer or wine. If you have kids in public school then you are not cooking much this week because you are your kids' personal servant/valet for the last stretch. Today is wear your ears on your knees day, or go to school naked day, or wear your Mom's shoes to PE day, I can't keep it straight. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment