Monday, June 7, 2010

Risotto w Spring Vegetables

In this case spring peas and asparagus. Yes I did go to the farm stand. Everything is in abundance now and not a million dollars a bunch, unless you only eat organic. I almost never eat organic vegetables cause they're TOO EXPENSIVE and if I did I'd be eating a vegetable twice a week instead of twice a day, which is my preference. I cannot live in fear of non-organic produce or produce grown outside of my state or country and I do not appreciate having those foods demonized by the food police. I say anyone who is eating lots of fresh, home cooked food and mostly laying off the Twinkies is doing ok. But local and seasonal is reasonably priced and delicious and that's what I bought this weekend in between shifts at the stove at work.

I'd go chicken stock, white wine, lots of butter and parmesan with this. Throw the peas and asparagus in midway and they'll be perfectly cooked by the time the rice is done. If you have a pressure cooker you should probably add the veggies after you open the lid and yes you'll be done in 6 minutes while some people are stirring and stirring but that can be fun with a glass of wine and someone to chat with.

I also nabbed really nice baby arugula and beautiful strawberries, so a salad to go with and berries and cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment